As we embark on a new year I wish you all much joy and success in your fundraising efforts! Here are 10 resolutions I’m committing to – and I hope you might as well.
1. I will say thank you more than I say please.
2. I will focus my time where it counts most – on building relationships with donors, corporate partners and board members.
3. I will always remember that my job is to help donors fund the changes they want to see made in the world.
4. I will understand the cost per donor and long-term donor value for each of my fundraising channels. And the way I allocate my budget will reflect that.
5. I will find unique and sincere ways to let our donors know they’re important. Regularly.
6. I will invest more time in major gifts and planned giving.
7. I will make sure my organization has a best practice website, designed to give donors the information they need in order to wisely invest in our cause.
8. I will find ways to invest in my staff so we can retain our best people.
9. I will remember that social and mobile media are tools I can use to enhance relationships. They aren’t a goal unto themselves.
10. I will commit to test at least one new strategy, fundraising channel, technique or audience in the coming year. Maybe even two. Or three!
What resolutions would you add?